[renew+of+new.jpg]

Thursday

British Intelligence

I said I wouldn't write about London Fashion Week. I lied.

As controversy swirled concerning the British Fashion Council's refusal to ban super-skinny models, eccentric LFW designers conspired to ensure that folks kept talking - about their designs, that is. Subtly made-up models sashayed down runways in otherwise electrifying garments, as many designers determined to push the fashion envelope. Can you say fashion renegades?? That's what London Fash Week is all about!! Some designers did manage to prettify ugly and vice-versa - 'art' in the light of fashion. There are ensembles, whole and/or part, with which I just fell in love; but then, expectedly, there were others. (Pics not shown this time, I can't do uglies again on my post.) My fave pictures - on nymag - reveal my quirkiness and make me giddy with excitement. Strangely, yet brilliantly, considerably outlandish designs blossom in a fashion shangri la. Christopher Kane was probably my fave, he created amazing pieces in leather and velvet - however, not a fan of vel-anything fabrics: velvet, velour, velcro, haha!! Here's his collection. :)
Other faves, L-R:
~ Julien Macdonald
~ Jasper Conran: no quirkiness here, pure chichi chic!!


~ Roksanda Ilincic (ignore the turbid, misty tights, it's all about the hat!! And I was just reminiscing about the joys of wearing shapely hats this weekend.)
~ Ricahrd Nicoll

~ Basso & Brooke
~ Aquascutum: ...in jacquard, elegant.

My excuse to put pics of men:
New Yorker, Marc Jacobs managed to create some super-sexy disheveled nerd-looking hotties, in my view. I've got to ask my gyrlies what they think. I mean these English boys (I s'pose they're English) exude a muted sex appeal. I know the style, particularly, of my exceptional black (American) men is evolving, but to what?? A uniform?? Blazer, pants, some pronounced air of I'm-an-educated-black-man, ar.ar.argyle sweaters, end of story. I guess there's not much more, but they all look the same. No exceptional personal touches. Sometimes I can't help but giggle!! (What fun to be a gyrl!!)

And speaking of fashionable envelopes, I still want a VBH clutch!! AND I WANT IT NOW!! I must go shopping and I've been so beyond good recently. LOL. (Online, VBH is available at brownsfashion.com and net-a-porter.com, in boston: Louis Boston, and of course in NY at the boutique store in Mnhttn)

I think I'd also like this...(British Aseef Vaza, the lining of his purses - pretty cerise pink, what's not to love??!! Available online at matchesfashion.com, his website is not running as yet. And if you're on the other side of the pond, England, you've got better luck!!)
and this as well (by Roger Vivier, YAY!! for his boutique in Mnhttn)...
Thanks.

Enjoy Milan Fashion Week!!

0 comments: