[renew+of+new.jpg]

Tuesday

chic challenge: fair-trade, eco-friendly full skirt a la oscar de la renta

So, I've come up with a challenge for myself; I want to find a gorgeous 'printed' full skirt (knee-length) like Oscar de la Renta makes, but it must be produced with fair-trade organic fabrics. I know, it's daunting! But I'll see what comes of it.

As no one can tuck and gather like my darling adopted God-father1, Mr de la Renta; I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment already. But notice, I didn't say I just want this skirt instead of one of Mr de la Renta's... (I'll leave it at that.) His fall pieces are seventy! off; the particular print I wanted ― the purple hibiscus dip-dyed skirt ― was, ummm... pretty expensive. 'How do I say, originally over three thou?!' And it's not that de la Renta's pieces couldn't possibly be eco-friendly, I just want to find one made explicitly so on my own.Fall '08. I want the third skirt from the left.

This spring, de la Renta's skirts, some made of (silk) faille, have this extra side-flounce that's just so alluring. Ahhh...

Spring '09



Wish me luck.
xoxo.


Footnotes:
1. Mr de la Renta may not publicly acknowledge my existence, but no matter. He will someday. And you need not point a finger at me, you calling yourself part of our new prez's family! Umm.. no Barack Obama is not your uncle either. Haha.

1 comments:

Theresa said...

I don't know how you did in finding the right skirt, but I know of a great boutique that I give lots of shout-outs to on my blog that only carries eco friendly designer clothing: www.embodies.com. Enjoy!