[renew+of+new.jpg]

Friday

Lanvin debuts in the U.S

...guess a few French have decidedly overlooked their teeny dislike of Americans.
Lanvin is the oldest and one of the most prestigious couture houses in France. Founded in 1889 by its eponym Jeanne Lanvin, the couture house is an essence of the Parisian industry of fashion luxury, elegance and refinement. Since recently reverting to its independent standing, fashion enthusiasts worldwide clamour to obtain Lanvin pieces. I don't know why, but the leather material on their handbags, and ballet flats, especially, is as soft as a baby's bottom!! Open the pages of any U.S. Vogue or Hearst magazines, and you're sure to find praise and acclaim for Lanvin flats; and natch, you'd be able to find the brand at Barneys!! I remember calling up my ex-roomie this past Jan. when I was having a mini-crisis at the shoe dept: wondering whether to pick up a pair of floral lace-covered wedge shoes on sale by Alaïa (another French couture house with no premier base in the U.S). Yes I did pick them up!! I'll show you, I love them but I've'nt worn them yet.
Anyway, we walked over to the handbags section and we just couldn't stop touching the Lanvin bags... so, so soft and lush!! I loved the bag pictured above!! I truly am drawn to shiny objects, aren't I?? Well, yesterday, the company opened its first office in the U.S. (142 Greene St., NY.) Albar Elbaz’s Lanvin fall 2007 show pieces will be the first collection in the new showroom.

Check out the calendar for Fall 2007 trunk shows and beauty events on the Barneys website.

My shoes: I found the only picture at Gregory's Shoes online. Picture 'em with a pair of super skinny cropped black pants (love the Audrey ones they had at the Gap) or jeans.

1 comments:

Simon D said...

Nice Party Ware Brand Items and Beauty Products.... Very Useful Post...